Friday, May 1, 2009

Faux Croco Wallet

Hi friends,
Today I have this super chic croco wa
llet. NOTE: no crocodiles were harmed in the making of this wallet! It's how the paper is made to look, which is perfect for this project. Ok, on to the deets...

Here's a pic of the inside
I made a strap and added a magnetic closure to keep it closed. I also used a circle punch to punch a semi-circle on the pockets to make it a little easier to get the cards out. It is very straight forward project to create. If you'd like to make one for yourself, you can find a great video tutorial Dannie made. In case you're interested, I purchased the paper at JoAnn.

My kiddos are done with the Reading/Language Arts part of the test, so tomorrow we start Math. I'm off to prepare for tomorrow- gotta go!

2 comments:

  1. This is so cool and inspirational. I would really like to make it. What did you use to make the "crocadile" appearance? A cuttlebug?
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) The paper comes croco embossed which makes this wallet even easier to make. I bought it at JoAnn Crafts store. If you don't have a store near you, Jackie Topa created a tutorial so you can create the look for yourself. Thanks for peeking!
    http://jackietopa.typepad.com/addicted_to_stamping/2008/06/faux-alligator.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin