Wednesday, May 27, 2009

MTCC 02 My Time to Color Challenge

Hi friends,
Today I have a card to share with you I created for Lauren's Color Challenge. I loved using the all these pretty colors for the challenge! I took inspiration for the card from the dress itself. I don't have any girls, so cute girly-girl dresses are nowhere in sight at my place!

I began by making a dress shaped card out of white CS. I just eyeballed it I cut it out (which explains the chubbiness of the dress!) Then I went into my scrap stash and pulled out the colors to layer on top. I used the MS border punch at the bottom, but I had such a hard time punching through the thickness of the SU! and PTI cardstock, so I switched to another border punch.

Here's a little closer detail of the top:

See the little embossed hearts. I thought that was a cute detail :) I added a ribbon on top & that was it. Now that I look at the colors again, maybe it should have been like a Purely Pomegranate instead of a purple color scuba diving in Osprey Reef Oh well! Thanks for peekin' today! I'm off to clean up a bit around here- gotta go!



Card Recipe:
Paper: Certainly Celery, Cool Caribbean, Apricot Appeal- SU!, Berry Sorbet-PTI, White, Purple
Tools: Martha Stewart Lace border punch, EK Success GH Petals border punch
Other: Purple ribbon- Offray

2 comments:

  1. SUper cute Karli - love how you made your own dress - I actually like the "chubbiness" - it's adorable. Thanks for playing. Smiles!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin