Saturday, May 9, 2009

Teacher Gift #2

Hi friends,
Today I have one last teacher's gift to share with you. I made this one for my good friend Sam who is a kinder teacher. It is made with the frosted Shrinky Dink paper. I wanted to show you what it looks like before & after.

Before you heat it it looks like this: (like thin acetate)


After it looks like this. (thick acrylic)

I wish I could have remembered to take a picture of the thickness :(
As you can see, the colors become much brighter. I made this into a keychain fob.

Tips: Make sure that you punch your hole & round the corners before you heat it. Take into account that the hole will shrink too. I like to use the 5/16 punch.

Anyhoo, if you haven't tried Shrinky Dinks- give it a try! It is so simple to use & way fun! I think a toaster oven works the best, but you can also use your heat tool. Tomorrow I'll be sharing how I organize my punches. If you want to learn how I organize my SU! stamps, click here.
Thanks for peekin' in today!


Today's Project Uses:
Shrinky Dinks frosted
Teacher Anya (The Greeting Farm)
flower stamp from Kindness (SU!)
colored pencils, sharpie markers
Zutter Round-it-all (pink)
5/16 punch (McGill)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin