Tuesday, June 30, 2009

ConGRADulations!

Hi friends,
Today I have this money holder graduation card to share with you. I made it for my BFF's son who just graduated from high school (using his school colors- red & gold.) This card was quite easy to do. On to the deets:

Here's a closer look at the front:
I embossed the gold paper with the "congrats" Cuttlebug folder. I created the tassel by wrapping the floss around a fork several times, securing it near the top, & cutting off one end to form the fringe. For the cap, I cut a triangle that spanned the length of the card & a rectangle with 1" off each side. I took my giga circle punch & punched the circles on each end. I placed thick foam tape behind the top part so it looks 3D. That's it!

Here's a look at the inside:I used the High School Stack paper & let it do all the work for me. the only thing I did here was die cut the "09." I hope you can see the pannel where the money goes.

Here's the back:

Thanks for peeking at my card today! I'm off to put away my laundry that has been sitting on our bed for ...well, let's say it's felt a little more crowded than usual in our bed lately!- Gotta go!

Today's card was brought to you by:
Paper: Real Red (SU), High School Stack (DCWV), Gold Metallic, White, black
Ink: Real Red (SU)
Tools: hole punch
Other: Gold embroidery floss, brad, Congrats Cuttlebug Folder, Curlie Girlie sizzlits (Sizzix), mini words sticker (Stampendous)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin