Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Teacher Gifts

Hi friends,
Today I wanted to share the gifts I made for my son's teacher. This is around the time when people are scurrying to get something for their child's teacher. Some of the chatter I've heard is not to give teachers "apple" things because the theme is played out. Well, I thought I'd give you some expert advice - since I play one in real life scuba diving in Belize
I interviewed many, many teachers on the topic and I could not find one who did not like the apple theme. So go ahead - be the apple of their eye! Anyhoo, on to the gifts:

This is a personalized stationary set with matching glitter pen. Notice anything different (besides the horrible photography)? See it now? How about now? Need a hint? OK, here's the difference: brown worm vs. green worm. Well, when I was showing it to my son, he asked me why the apple had an earthworm coming out of it? Yeah, really! So I listened to my little boy & changed it to a green apple worm. After I got his approval, he thought it would look more realistic if I scalloped the body like the segments caterpillars have. Awwww, my baby boy is paying attention to details free smilies --Mama's proud. So I scalloped it. I made a slit in the apple so it looks like it's coming out of it. On the notes, only the top sheet has a full colored picture, the rest are watermarked so when she writes a note it won't be hard to read the writing.

Next is the Flower Pot:
I know his teacher likes Orchids so that's what I put in the pot. I wrapped ribbon that looks like a ruler around it, die cut the little chalkboard & added the message and glued it to the pencil. I also put that little personalized apple in it. I think I may hang it, but I'm not sure yet.


Here's a closer look:


And finally, is the card:

I cut the apple out with my Cricut and used it as a template to create the card base. I cut it out & added the red apple (I used as the template) on top of the base. Then I decorated it as you see in the picture. I ran the leaf through my crimper & inked it up to highlight those raised areas.

Thanks so much for peeking today! I'm off to make apple pancakes- gotta go!
If you want to see another Personalized stationary set I made, click here.



Today's Projects Use:
Personalized Stationary Set:
Desk Top Organizer (MTT @ PaperTrey Ink)
Paper: Real Red, Wild Wasabi (SU), Grade School Stack (DCWV), Black, white
Stamps: Teacher's Apple (PTI)
Other: Pentel pen, scallop & oval punches (SU)

Flower Pot:
Dies: Blackboard (Bosskut)
Other: Pot & Ruler Ribbon (Michael's), Glue dots, Signo white gel pen

Card:
Cricut: Schoolbook Font Cartridge (apple)
Paper: real red, wild wasabi (SU), white, Grade School Stack (DCWV)
Stamps: Teacher's Apple (PTI)
Ink: black cat's eye, Palette noir, wild wasabi (SU)
Other: Colluzle alphabet template, foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin