Saturday, April 10, 2010

Just For You MOJO133

Hello friends,
To Sketch or not to Sketch?--- that is the question. I was speaking with some buddies at my LSS the other day & they happened to see my sketch book. It's a simple compilation of sketches arranged in a folder (I'll share it another day). Long story not as long, they called me a cheater for using sketches to create my cards! Me??? Moi??? Yo??? a cheater!!! I think not! I explained that sketches were merely a starting point. Rather than focusing on the layout, I could focus on techniques & other elements of design. So what do you think? While you ponder that, take a look at this week's Monday MOJO sketch:

Here's my "cheater" card:
"Cheater" Deets:
I flipped the sketch (so does that make me a bigger cheater???) I used lots of boy papers since it's going to a boy. I used my Cricut to cut out the star (2 3/4") from the Home Decor Cart (luuuv) and I stamped the sentiment in the center.

I love sketches. Would rather not make a card without one. MOJO Monday sketches are my fav, probably because there are usually lots of layers involved & I'm all about layers :) So if I'm a cheater, I'm OK with that. There are worse things I could be called :)
Cheaters of the world Unite!
Thanks for peeking :)




The 411
Paper: Grunge Teen- Kaiser Craft, Old West Collection- AdornIt, Black CS, Soft Suede- SU!
Ink: Memento Black, Chestnut Roan- Colorbox
Stamps: Oval All- SU!
Other: Cricut Cart: Home Decor, Star brads

2 comments:

  1. No Way! Sketches are NOT cheating!!! They are a tool, just like a template or pattern. Infact even less like a pattern cuz you don't have to follow it exactly.
    So what, is using a Cricut cheating cuz it cuts for you????
    I'm sorry I actually got a little miffed about that.
    I think it's all about sharing inspiration. Like reading blogs and magazines.
    I could go on and on but I'm gonna stop now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. no! no! NOOOOOOOOOOOO - there is no cheating here!!! Awesome card!

    I just bought my Home Decor cartridge yesterday and should receive it next week - can't wait :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin