Thursday, April 8, 2010

Monogram for my DH

Hello friends!
Today I have a little project to share with ya. I made this one for the hubster :) When it comes to crafting, he's really good to me. He likes to spoil me and I like to let him ;) (Tee hee!) Anyhoo, sometimes he asks me to make him a thank you card for someone so I decided I would make him a personalized cardfolio.
Here it is:
I love the way it came out! I used one of my fav papers -Windsor by SEI. I just LOVE SEI and this collection is just gorgeous---> flocked & foiled; perfect for masculine cards & projects. I cut his initial with the Tie the Knot Cricut Cart. It's become one of my fav's! Look at that "D"! Isn't it gorgeous???
Here's a peek at the inside:
I created a belly band to keep the cardfolio closed. Inside there are 2 pockets (enveloboxes). 1 for cards & 1 for envelopes. In the middle I added an area for a pen. Because the paper is double-sided, it is finished on the inside as well.

To make it simple for him to get things in & out, I made a slit in the envelobox so the flap can simply tuck in there. No messing with velcro or anything else. As you can see, I made matching monogram cards that he can use for any occasion.

Here's a closer peek at the card & envelope:
I used one of the Cuttlebug Embossing Borders from the Pop Culture collection down the center of the card & on the envelope flap to coordinate. Luv that custom look! Then I simply adhered the monogram to the card. So easy, but so classy looking, I think :)

So would you like to make one for yourself??? Well, I've got some quickie directions and a video tut (coming) for ya! It's super easy to make. BTW: I used my Crafter's Companion Tool to make the enveloboxes. But if you don't have that tool, I've made a template for you. Print it out, trace it twice, cut them out & assemble.
Download the envelobox template here
The deets:
You'll need :
11" x 6 1/4" Cardstock (SEI used here) You can also cut it to 11" x 6 1/2" to give you more room if you wanted to use a border punch.
Belly Band: 12" X 2 1/2"

More Deets:
Score your paper at 5" & 6" along the 11" side. The 1" space in the middle is for your pen & for room for your enveloboxes.
Monograms: Lg: cut at 2 1/2" and for the card: 2"

You can find my fav SEI Windsor papers, Cricut goodies, and the Cuttlebug Embossing Borders at YMH Store ---> HERE. (Did I mention the SEI papers are on sale? Yay!!!)

Video Tut:

Thanks so much for peeking & I hope you'll give this project a try.
Gotta Go!

14 comments:

  1. Wow....what a beautiful cardfolio. I love the letters. Absolutely gorgeous.

    Have a great weekend.
    Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karli that D is just awesome, what a stunning project for your DH

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karli that is AWESOME! You are so amazingly talented! That project is worthy of a prize (somewhere, someone has got to be giving away something, you can enter that in).
    Hugs,
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is gorgeous! So very elegant. Love how the Ds look and the embossing. What a great gift for your husband. Thanks for the template.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holly cow, this is SUPER awesome!!!! What a great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another top notch project and another great tutorial- Wow!!! This is outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome! Thanks for the tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome. I love that monogram and the embossing. Wonderful project.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is SO beautiful!!! Thanks for the tutorial! Congrats on your upcoming blogaversary! I think mine just passed- I'll have to check! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! This is great!! Thanks for the tutorial. I will definitely make one of these for Father's Day for my hubby. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Karli, I just got to watch the actual tutorial - it is AWESOME!!! You're so clear and give such easy to follow instructions - THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Karli

    This is gorgeous and a wonderful tutorial...very easy to follow.

    Love both of them...the "man" version is so elegant.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin