Sunday, May 2, 2010

Happy Birthday Grammy!

Hi friends,
On this day, 83 years ago, a very important person in my life was born--- My grammy. If I had to name one of the most influential people in my life, grammy would top the list. When I was a little girl, she would take me along wherever she went. When she took cake decorating classes at the local community center, I went too. When she took floral arranging classes, I was there. She taught me how to crochet potholders and make scarves & blankets for my Barbies. She bought me crayons and art supplies so I could explore the artist in me. I know that my love of papercrafting today stems from her. She's my biggest fan & my biggest supporter.
     I LOVED helping her make tamales, but I LOOOOOVED eating them more! She makes the BEST, YUMMIEST food!!! One of the most important lessons came from simply watching her live her life. My grammy is fearless. She's adventurous. Her thinking is "You'll never know until you try it."
So when people say where I get my adventurous, free-spirited nature, & sense of humor, I say I get it from her:
This is my grammy. So sweetly posing for a picture next to this tree until she decided  she'd rather do this...






wait for it...







wait for it...





SWING FROM THE TREE!!! OMGosh, she didn't even put her purse down!!! Yup, this is where I get it from :) This picture was taken about 4 months ago during one of her excursions. (Tee! Hee!)

Happy Birthday Grammy!!!!! I love you and... Thank You... for everything I am.

And Thank you, friends, for letting me share this with you.

9 comments:

  1. omgosh love this post...lol, happy bday to your grammy and no wonder you're so crafty ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a hoot!! This explains soo much!!! What a blessing for you two to have each other! Happy Birthday, Grammy!! And may you be blessed with many more! Thanks so much for sharing her with us, Karli!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karli, Happy Birthday to your dear Grammy! May God bless her with many more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my goodness, Karli...what a woman! I'd say 83 years YOUNG! Tell her we are so happy to see her 'hanging around' for such fun. Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Karli's Grammy!! What an awesome, fun, adventurous woman she is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday - 83 years young! So good to see!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday to your Grammy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope Your Grandma had a great Birthday! Awesome that she is so full of life! She looks like a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is definitely a ball full of energy! Happy birthday to your Grammy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin