Thursday, June 17, 2010

I'm Krafty for Swapping

Hello there friends,
I cannot tell you how totally busy I've been these past few days & I'm supposed to be on vacation! :) But I'm happy to be busy. This weekend, I'll be heading to CKC (Creating Keepsakes Convention) & taking 3 classes. One of them is one I took last year- Papercrafts Card Swap. I'll be swapping cards with other crafters. Last year, because I had never swapped before, I didn't know what kind of card to make so I went with my regular style---> lots of layers & embellishments. What did I get??? Very simple cards! OK, I learned my lesson... or so I thought :( Here is the card I'm bringing to swap:

I really had every intention of keeping it simple (like one layer), but my maniac side took over :(
The deets:
I ran the card base through PTI's Woodgrain Embossing Plate (which took me forever to find the right sandwich to make it work, grrrrrr :(  I stamped the main image with one of my all time fav stamp sets Lovely as a Tree- SU! inked the edges, matted it with black CS, punched a notch on either end & wrapped twine around it, threaded a button, and stamped the greeting. Not exactly keeping it simple, but it looks simple, right??? And since I had to crank out 25 of these guys, I was working on it most of the day.
Wanna see what 25 looks like???
Trust me it's a big pile! I decided to make Father's Day Cards because I thought it would force me to keep it simple---> no flowers, no bling, no pretty ribbon, no nothing fancy! But, no. Question: Did you know that twine is not the most cooperative of fibers? & when you have to wrap 25 cards with it, you develop carpal tunnel fingers- ouchy! Ah well, I hope the ladies I swap with like them & can use them.

Thanks so much for peeking today! I'm off to ice my poor little fingers :(
Gotta Go!

5 comments:

  1. Luv, luv, luv it Karli!!! I'm going to have to case this one! Awesome job & I'm sure the response will be well worth the carpal tunnel, hehehe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Father's Day cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great set of cards! I'm looking forward to working with you at Cardabilities.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this pretty card- 25 of them huh? I love the design and the twine....I hope you get lots of eaqually nice cards back in your swap- and awesome on the new DT- CONGRATS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOH! Love the trees on Kraft

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin