Friday, August 13, 2010

YMH DT Post- Notes for Dani

Hi friends,
Today I have a great & simple project for ya. I made this note board for my BFF's 12 year old daughter, Dani. My Bff's daughters (10 & 12) are avid scrapbookers, unlike their mom ;) They know how to work the Cricut too!
Anyhoo, My BFF & Dani are coming to my house today to do a little crafting & to pick up 2 (moving) boxes of goodies I am giving her from my hoarding stash :)
Because Dani knows her stuff, i felt like I had to step it up a bit on my papercrafting. I made this memo board for her:
I used the Serenity Signs of Spring Specialty Die-Cut paper as my base. To pop the swirly border, I spritz it with Tattered Angels Shimmer Mist in Tiger Lily. That gave it a pretty shimmery sheen: (sorry couldn't get a good pic :(
As you can tell, I threaded ribbon through each hole for added detail.

More deets:
 I used my Gypsy to create all of the elements. I cut the frame on my Cricut from the Storybook cart from the Prima Urban Cosmos DP. I faux stitched the edges & distressed them. In the middle of each flower medallion, I added a Dew Drop from the Orchid collection. I welded & cut out her name & adhered that with foam adhesive. I stamped "NOTES" onto the DP & placed her name so that the O in "NOTES" would encircle the dew drop over the I.
My idea is to make this a magnetic board by adding craft tin to the back, but maybe she'd like to do something else with it so I'll wait for her to decide on how she wants to use it.

 If she decides to go magnetic, have I got some faaaaab accessories to show ya---> next time! Same bat time, same bat channel!

Phew, thanks for sticking around for all the deets! Don't forget to get all the goodies for this project at the YMH Store---> HERE!
Gotta Go!

5 comments:

  1. Wow.........that's so pretty. Beautiful colors.

    Oh....and I got a big suitcase I can stuff you in, when I go on my next vacation. *wink*

    Big Hugs,
    Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Awesome! She's going to love it for sure.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, I love this, I bet Dani was thrilled with this prezzie! Love the pink and orange combo, one of my faves. Hope all your boxes are getting slowly unpacked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!! Karli, you Rock! This is absolutely gorgeous and amazing creation!

    big hugs,
    Annie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin