Friday, January 21, 2011

DT: Good Intentions

Howdy friends,
Today I have a card I had every intention of making a CAS (Clean & Simple) card but... I just couldn't stop adding embellies :(
Here's my card:
 I think this card has a shabby chic feel to it, which I don't do very often :)

I used papers from the Santa/Sweet Season collection from Webster's Pages. It's "supposed" to be Christmas paper but I ask you: Does this look like a Christmas card???  You could easily use most of the papers in a non-Christmas sort of way. Anyhoo, this is a beautiful collection & if you know Webster's pages, you know what I'm talking about :) I used my Beaded Ovals Nesties to cut out the oval. I punched holes around it & threaded some ribbon through them. Then I added some Prima roses & pearls. The sentiment reads: "May you always have Love to share, Health to spare, & Friends that care."
Here's a closer peek of that:

And here's a peek of the innies:
I cut out one side of the cover page where all the paper info is printed I adhered it to create a side border for the card innies. It was much too pretty to just throw out. To finish, I did some stitching around all the edges- faux for me. Like I said, I tried to go CAS but it just is my kryptonite :( ah well... I'll keep trying...

You can find all the goodies for this card at the YMH store---> Here. While you're there, check out all the new, fab goodies Prima is releasing in time for CHA!

Thanks for peeking today!
Gotta Go!

8 comments:

  1. Oh..such a beautiful card! I think it looks perfect, just the way it is! And it does look CAS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad you didn't stop adding embelies! this loos fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, elegant, & romantic! And, no, that does not look like Christmas paper. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card. I love the threaded ribbon.

    Have a great weekend.

    Hugs,
    Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card!! I love everything about it!!
    Looks like it was a ton of work..

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOOhhhh I love the DSP- nope- it does not look Christmassy to me- and I love the flowers and pearls- fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OHHHH, so pretty. Love how you punched holes ant threaded the ribbon, never would have thought of that! (and lucky me I just got this nestie, now have a fab idea for it). Also so smart to use the cover of the paper pad, such a lovely card inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That ribbon wreath is beautiful. I love how you put the whole shabby chic together.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin