Monday, January 3, 2011

Handmade Christmas Album

Hi ya friends!
Happy 2011!
During my mini-break from school, I got a chance to work on a couple of projects. This is an album that we started in a class. I had to do most of the work at home since there was so much detail involved, but I absolutely LOVE the way it came out.
Here's the cover:
 I made the banner & rose myself :) Most of the embellishments in this book were handmade, which was one of my favorite things about the class & making this album.

 Here are the 1st & 2nd pages:

 Here's a closer peek at the each page:
 In between each page are inserts. On this page there's an envelope & "Family" tag.
 Here's the 2nd page:

Here are the 3rd & 4th pages:
 The inserts: double-sided photo tag & journaling tag

Closer peeks:


5th & 6th pages:
The inserts: a double-sided photo tag & journaling tag

There's a pull-out tag on the right for more journaling:
 The bottom page: (there's another pull-out tag on the right pocket)
 Here's the back cover:

 The side view: See the crystal danglies! so pretty :)
Even though it took a while to put it together, it was so worth it. It's just beautiful & I'll be so happy to put our Christmas pictures in it.

The album, papers, & embellishments are from Teresa Collins. There are also a few things from Maya Road. Hope you like it & I hope if Scrapbooking seems a bit overwhelming for ya, you'll give these fab mini-albums a go. You'll be hooked!

Thanks so much for peeking today! The good life is over for me & now I've got to get going for school again.
Gotta go!

16 comments:

  1. This is one of those projects you just have to say WOW to every pic you look at. This turned out beautiful Karli so all the time put into it was well worth it. I love the vintage look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Karli! I just found you through a link on another blog, http://staceyscraftycreations.blogspot.com/ Your Christmas album is just gorgeous, really inspiring. I've decided to follow so I can see what you come up with next. TFS See you again soon. Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Wow, Wow!!! Gorgeous- every bit of this project is outstanding!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, all those handmade embellies, wow. What a work of "heart". It wil look fab with your holiday pics in it for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! Gorgeous!!! Your paper choices & embellishments are stunning! Outstanding piece of work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for sharing (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the details! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karli,

    I love your version of this album much BETTER than TC original layout in her kit. Me and my niece along with another friend boughts these kits and we concluded that we should follow you wonderful layout. We are casing it as close as we can - thanks so much for giving this your own spin and creativity. We LOVE it!!!!

    my best,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a beautiful mini album-love your work! I am a new follower and I can't wait to come back. Hope you will stop by my site and visit. Cathie
    www.creativecutter.org

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely beautiful!!! I wonder if you can remember the TC paper line in this??? Maybe it's still available on the net somewhere....
    Thanks for sharing! AWESOME JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so beautiful. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  12. Where do you buy a kit? I would love to try to make one.
    cmbillings@embarqmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous and tfs. I would like to try one but is there a tutorial out there to make one? ctn29275@centurytel.net Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful album!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin