Wednesday, March 23, 2011

ABC Challenge: Q is for...

Quilting/Sewing!
Hello there friends!
Welcome to a brand new challenge from the ABC Challenge blog. This week's challenge is Q is for Quilting or sewing.
Here's my card:
 I faux stitched and real stitched on my card!  Faux on the edges & real on the corners(cross-stitch) and to form the stem of the flower. I used the We R Memory Keepers Sew Easy & let me tell you, it lives up to it's name! I likey that little tool ;) No fear that I'll sew my fingers together either! yesssss ;)

Here's a closer peek at the stitching:

The letter Q is brought to you by: Stamp Fairy
and they're offering a grand gift certificate to spend at their store!
I got to play with this cutie Lenny Bee image. As soon as I saw it, it reminded me of the Steiff Bears so that was my coloring inspiration.
Here's a pic of a Steiff bear:
After I colored it, I took a washcloth with blender solution & dabbed it over the image to give him the appearance of fur/texture. Here's a closer peek at that:
His wings are covered with Stickles for sparkle. The flower was cut with the Sunflower Nesties (layered with foam adhesive) and then I added Flower soft to the center (and on the flower in the image too).

Here's a peek of the innies: more stitching there
 Calling all quilters & those brave enough to sew- here's a challenge with your name all over it. Let's see your quilting or sewing skillz on your cards this week! You've got til Monday, March 28th to Linky your card creation to the ABC Challenge blog. Please be sure you check out the amazing cards the rest of the DT has created for ya!
Thanks so much for peeking today!
Gotta Go!




The 411:
Stamps: Lenny Bee 2- Stamp Fairy
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, More Mustard- SU, Chestnut Roan- Colorbox
Paper: Bee Happy Collection- Adornit Carolee's Creations, Bazzill cs, Barely Banana cs- SU
Tools: Sunflower Set 1 & 2- Spellbinders, Sew Easy- WeRMemory Keepers, Cherish Border punch- MS
Other: Copics, Ticket- Tim Holtz, ribbon, embroidery floss, Flower Soft, Stickles, sakura pen, Signo white gel pen

13 comments:

  1. Oh, that little bumble bear is so cute! Love your stitching--faux & vrai!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card. I love the flower and how you made the teddy look cuddly.

    Hugs,
    Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is too cute.. i saw the small pic on the challenge blog and had to see it close up.. nicely done..i love it inside and out.. -anne-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, love that flower soft center and your sewing. I've heard great things about that sew easy, but haven't bit the bullet, since I like my machine. Great technique with the washcloth on the fur, love that idea! Beautiful card, love the giant flower, too.
    Hugs~Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Karli...This card is absolutly stunning! Love the brightness of it! That bearbee fits in perfectly!! Love the colors too! have a fab day! hugs/sari

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH this is so adorable Karli. Your little bearbee is coloured to perfection. I adore everything about this card. Hugs xo Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karli, this is fabulous. I love how you put the bear as a bee on hte sunflower! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - from one bear lover to another - great job on this. Love everythign about this card - those daisy nestibilities look so great........hmmm....I didn't get that one yet. A great job on the coloring of bear - wow!!!!
    hugs,
    P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, haven't tried washcloth, it looks brilliant on your bear, better give this a go. Great card
    Hugs
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow- this is so pretty- I love the flower and the cute bee- great stitching. Fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really pretty. I never know what to do with those papers with words all over them. You've done a great job with it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Even the inside is pretty. This card is so awesome. I love that big flower. You are so creative putting certain elements together. I love seeing your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh your clever devil you with the blending solution! I shall try to remember that one.

    Gorgeous card. Love how Lenny is hovering over that fabulous sunflower.

    Lin xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin