Sunday, November 13, 2011

Candlelight and Grammy

Hi ya friends,
I surely enjoyed having Friday off. I did a WHOLE LOT---> of nuthin' !!! ahhh, sometimes you just have to have those days :) but Saturday, I went with my grammy to a Stamp in the Hand Stamp Convention. We had fun & definitely helped boost the economy! Well, I bought stuff & grammy bought me more stuff :) Grammys are the best :) :) :) So many new fun toys!
Today, I have one I made with one of the sets I picked up from Heartfelt Creations.
Here it is:
 This is the Holiday Poinsettia Candle set. I think it's really lovely :) I stamped it on Cranberry Crisp cs (yes, I'm finally letting go of my hoarding ways- cuz you SU peeps know how old that cs is!) I heat embossed it on cream cs, cranberry crisp cs, cut them out, & popped up the poinsettia with foam tape.
Here's a closer peek:
 To give it that melted candle wax look, I smeared some Viva Pen over it. (See, there's more to do with that little guy than just pearls ;) and the flickering flame was colored with Copics & got a bit of Stickles. The holly leaves also were colored with Copics. The pattern paper is MME Lost& Found Christmas- so luuuv it :)

I'm so happy to get started on my Christmas cards. I know some of you start in July, but I just can't. My mind is on BBQ & watermelon! My blog pal, Kathy C, does 1 Magnolia Christmas cards per month. That would be great for me, but I haven't gotten it together like that. Buuuut, I did get to create this card using Kathy's fab sketch for Tuesday Morning Sketches:
Woo hoo! Great job on the sketch, Kathy! It was great fun to work with :)

I'm also playing along with:
Christmas Card Challenges: Holly or Wreath
Paper Crafting Journey: Embossing
Papertake Weekly: Christmas
Tuesday Morning Sketches: Sketch #119

Thanks for peeking today!
Wishing you lovely crafternoons :)

13 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH KARLI! This is too beautiful for words! Love the papers, gorgeous image and all your viva accents, such a stunning take on the sketch! Way to go. Glad you and your grandma had fun shopping on the weekend, too. Can't wait to see what else you create with all your new goodies!
    Hugs~Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karli - very pretty Christmas card, like the way you've done the candle. Thanks for joining in with the Papertake Weekly Challenge. Mary G x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really beautiful Christmas card - so vintage. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh how gorgeous! Love the poinsettias! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is beautiful. Perfect take on the sketch.
    As for Christmas cards, I can't even start until December, then I am frantic. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful, love the vintage feel! Gorgeous coloring. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow- absolutely gorgeous card! You have made this image beautiful and love the layout you used! It is so fun that you can shop with your Grandma- you are so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very beautiful! I have made one Christmas card so far and still finishing a few Thanksgiving ones,lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card. Your candle and poinsettias are real stand-outs! I have the MME paper too and love it. So nice that you and your grandmother had a fun shopping day together. Enjoy those new goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WooooHoooooo! Did you see, you won? SO happy for you, I had to run right over and make sure you knew it, I couldn't be happier! Way to go girlfriend!
    Hugs~Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lovely card! Thanks for joining this week's CCC!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I stumbled here by accident. I just searching for my one of the old friend blog, her blog name is same as youurs, with little mistakes. Your work seems that you are genius in paper work.
    Sheds

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow this is simply stunning - I love the traditional feel and colours - beautiful x
    Thanks for playing along with us at paper crafting journey & good luck x
    ((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin