Monday, February 20, 2012

Lady Tilda

Hi friends,
I was gifted a 3 day weekend (thank you presidents:) and I did nothing crafty :( so sad. But I did clean my house, washed a mountain of laundry, and veged out in front of my tv :)  Now that my house is in order & the laundry is done, I feel a lot better about spending some time in my craft room.
Here's my card:
 This is Lady Tilda from the Fairytale collection- so cuuute :) She's colored with Copics. This was my attempt at defining folds, so as you can see I need more practice- I find coloring folds one of the hardest things to do, so if you have any pointers, I'm all ears! I wanted to keep her skin color muted & a bit soft.
Here's a closer peek:
I was very inspired by the pic at The Shabby Tea Room this week:
How pretty is that??? I would luuuuv a set :) I thought the Howdy Doody papers from MME would go perfectly. I added a gold doily to complement the gold on the teacup set. I also die cut the nestie out of vellum so the pretty floral paper would still peek through. Her headband & ruffles have Stickles for extra sparkle. To finish it I added some WOC flowers & leaves from YMH.

I used this sketch from Magnolia Down Under:
I'll also be playing along with the following challenges:
Magnolia Stamp Lovers: Fairy Tale
TOMIC: 3-2-1 Recipe: 3 pattern papers, 2 + embellies, 1 stamped image
Magnolia Highlites: Shabby Chic-vintage

Thanks so much for peeking!
Hope your day is like a fairy tale :)

8 comments:

  1. SOOO pretty. Love the touches of gold perfect for Lady Tilda. You've mastered the folds, it's funny that is the exact image we used in Suzanne Dean's topic class to work on folds and red! You've aced them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is stunning. I think your folds are pretty perfect to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's gorgeous Karli. I have no tips to share on coloring, your talents at that far exceed mine :) I really love the floral embellishments.
    If you ever happen upon a tea set like the inspiration one, pick up an extra for me;) I'm a total sucker for tea cups and collect as many as I can hide from my hubby :)

    HUGS,
    Kristina
    Your Memories Here

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job coloring the folds. Love the gold doily on the card. In addition to wanting that gorgeous tea cup, I wouldn't mind also having Tilda's pretty hair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Karlie -- what a sweet card. I just love her beautiful hair and the way you've coloured her. So feminine and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karlie!
    Wow! A totally adorable card with the gorgeous lady Tilda :) Love your interpretation of the sketch :)

    Thank you so much for joining us at MDUC this week :) Welcome back!
    Hugs Louise

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH WOW, I love the gold doily, that is so glam! Your colouring is amazing too, thanks so much for playing along at MDUC this week
    Hugs
    Karen
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love this card. Sooo cute! I think I may have to copy some of your design if that's okay. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin