Sunday, December 16, 2012

Treat Wrapper Inspired

Hello there friends,
Today I'm sharing a little concoction brewing in the depths of Studio K---> my craft room :)  I really liked the lollypop wrapper dies I've seen, but I thought they were a bit pricey---> even for me, Miss "OMG! I luv that! I have to have that! I don't care how much it costs!" Well, I thought it was too much for just one die :( so my brain started thinking... I took a couple of Tylenol... and then it hit me. Why don't I try to make my own version using my Gypsy, of course :) So in to Studio K I went & came out with my own version.
Here's what I made:
These are inspired by the lollypop wrappers. This is a cute way to dress up those yummy lollies, but I thought why stop there? 
Here's what's inside:
How about a cake pop!
Here's how easy it is to put together:
Other wrappers have two holes where you'd lace your twine or ribbon through, but I simply wrapped around the "neck" of the wrapper & tied a knot and that held it together just fine.
Now the fun part: DECORATE!
Here's another cake pop wrapper:
And a peek of the innies:
The next one does have a lollypop-

a See's Limited Edition Christmas Mint:
For this one, I kept it super simple- no pattern paper. Just used white cardstock, ran it through my Snowflake embossing folder, punched out a couple of MS snowflakes & added some Stickles for sparkle.

Oh, how about a peek of the backsides:
I added a cute little tag for the recipient :)

But don't think you can only use these for pops of some kind, nooooooo.
Take a peek at this one:

 And the innies:
A few candy cane kisses :) i added 6 in the same size baggie as the cake pops. For this one, I simply stapled the baggie & wrapper closed & added the embellishment on top.

I hope this gives you some sweet ideas to wrap up some sweet treats! You can use these for so many other treats as well :)

Soooo, am I sharing?
Oh, friends 'tis my Christmas/Hanukkah/ Kwanzaa/Diwali/ gift to you! :)
You can download the PDF template---> HERE.
You can download the GYPSY file---> HERE.  You can get 4 wrappers from a 12x12 sheet of paper.
(You'll need the George & Basic Shapes & Sweet Treats Cartridges to cut them out. I simply welded two party hats & a rectangle :)

SCORING Directions: I tried to create little notches to help you know where to score, but it can be difficult to see them especially with pattern paper, as I discovered :(  The template has the directions on the page, but if you're downloading the GYPSY file, I found that the best places to score are at 3 3/8" and 5 1/8". Be sure your paper is butting up on the left hand edge of your scoring board, if you're using that.

You can find the cello baggies I used at Mike's. They are the small 3"x4" size & come in  pack of 100.

I bought a cake pop machine so the boys & I are going to have fun making a few. Hope some make it to the wrappers! :)

Happy holiday crafting!

8 comments:

  1. Omg!!! These are so awesome! I'm definitely downloading the gypsy file. I have the cake pop pan, from the infomercial, these are just perfect. I wish we were closer, too, so we could have a craftapalooza!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet way to wrap little candys.
    I'm like you. Whenever something is too expensive, I try to come up with my own version.
    You did a great job and thanks for sharing!

    Big hugs,
    Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pick me up off the floor!!! You are incredible! The wrappers are fab and your contents yummy and cute. Thank you for the template!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very lovely! I really like the embossed one, actually. A cake pop machine??! MmMmMMmMm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow- how cool are these cake pop wrappers- love all of the festive embellishments! Thanks for sharing the template too! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these candy wrappers Karli! Thanks for the pdf file! I made cake pops with my nieces on Sunday -- messy but they had fun. (I don't have a cake pop maker, so we had to form them by hand.)
    Thanks for sharing your talents with us. Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a safe, prosperous and laughter filled new year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gracias muy bonitos ni me ocurrio.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin