Monday, May 27, 2013

Sew Cute!

Hi friends,
I've been sick with the flu since my Summer vacation started- which is just my luck! Ahhh well, at least I didn't have to take any sick days since I was already at home...

Today, I have a card I started before I flu'ed out.
Here it is:
 It was love at first sight with this little PI! Finally, I get a chance to play with her. She's Cute as a Button from MFT. I paper pieced her little clothes & even the flower in her hair.

Here's a closer peek:
She's colored with Copics. Barbara Anders created a really fantastic tutorial on paper piecing. Mine is pretty basic. The one thing I added was shading to the clothes with my W3 Copic marker (tip from the tute) and wow! did that give it a boost! I added some Glossy Accents to her shoes & the jar. Then I added some little pearls to her little flowers & I even gave her some pearl earrings *Ü* I used the Fishtail Flags Dienamics for the strip that goes across & embossed it with the CB Ruler border. The buttons are from the Button Border Dienamics. (Luv it!) The papers are from the He Said, She Said collection from Teresa Collins.

I used this week's MFT sketch:
You can find Barbara Anders' A+ tutorial on paper piecing---> HERE.

I'm feeling so much better after taking my Grammy's special ginger tea. I seriously should bottle it & be a gazillionaire!!! Then I could buy aaaaaaaallll the craft stuff my heart desired *Ü*  (The hubby argues I already do!  -_-   (smh---> shaking my head, shaking my head...)

Thanks for peeking today!
Tootles!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Karli, not a good way to start your vacation. Glad Grammy's secret weapon helped.

    Your card is adorable. Love the measuring strip and the paper pieced cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww... This is such a cute and adorable card! Just love the sweet image and the pretty details! oh, i hope you feel bettar ASAP!!! Hugs and sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear that you've started your well-deserved summer vacation with the :(

    Love the sweet card and your humour still shines through with your remarks about buying more crafting stuff!

    Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin