Saturday, June 6, 2015

Mojo Monday 400 Contest!

Hello crafty friends,
I have a couple of cards to share today for a couple of fun things going on in the blog world. But so it wouldn't be a super long post I've created two posts today.

First, is The Mojo Monday 400 contest!

If you've been by my blog, you know I L-U-V Julee's sketches, and use them often for my cards---> even older ones I've got in my sketch files! I'm drawn like a moth to a flame to these sketches because there's usually lots of layers & design elements (which make me happeeee! *Ü*)

Here's the card I created in honor of 400 sketches:
 This was such a fun card to create because I got ARTSY!!! I die cut the front panel with the Wonky Stitches die from Avery Elle (Oh my word...I LUUUUV it!) on watercolor paper. I thought I would watercolor the background but then decided to use the Fireworks sprays instead. I've never used them & totally forgot I had them! I saw the very artsy Tenia Nelson use them on a card a while back & luuuved the way it looked. So I sprayed Bahama Blue & Dandelion. I took some Black Soot Distress Ink & splattered some drops with my brush.

Here's another peek:
What I didn't know (because I hoard & don't use my toys) is that the spray leaves sparkle & shine! Bonus! So the background is colorful & shimmery *Ü* I heat embossed the sentiment with black embossing powder. The butterfly is watercolored with Distress Markers using the Wink of Stella brush so it's super shimmery *Ü* Both images come from the Blue Skies Stamp set from Verve. To finish, I added a few irridescent and black sequins.

 Here are the innies:
 Yup, that's the Wonky Stitches die again *Ü* This is the larger butterfly from the set.

Here's the sketch: (the very first one!)


Congratulations to Julee and the Mojo Monday designers on 400 awesome sketches & here's to 400 more!

Thanks so much for peeking!
Until next time...


The 411
Stamps: Blue Skies- Verve Stamps
Paper: Watercolor Paper- Ranger, Neenah solar white cs, True Black cs-PTI
Ink: Onyx Black-Versafine. Black Licorice Hybrid Ink- MFT
Tools: Distress Markers: peacock feathers, cracked pistachio, evergreen bough. Wink of Stella clear and black brushes. Wonky Stitches Dies- Avery Elle. Fireworks Craft Sprays- Imagine Crafts

4 comments:

  1. I love these water colours -- so pretty! Have never used the sprays, but with these results I would love to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good thing you were reminded to use those sprays. Love that background and I'd better go check out those wonky stitches too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous! Love the sprayed background and am in love with those wonky stitches! Thanks for joining in the fun over at Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luuuv the background you created!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin