Monday, June 8, 2015

Thanks, Teacher

Hi friends,
Today, I have a card to share that features the no-line coloring technique with Copic markers. I have long admired the look, having first seen it with Magnolia images. Anyhoo, I decided I wanted to give it a go myself.

Here's my card:
Oh my word! Is it challenging!!! It was a long process as well. But for being my first time, I think it came out OK. *Ü*

Here's another peek:
I used the cutie Pure Innocence from the It's a sign stamp set from MFT. I used the long, long neglected fastenater stapler to attach the "teacher" staple. And look!--- No Wonky Stitches die on this card *Ü* hehe. (But it will be back!)

In the end, I think that this is one of those techniques that is worth the time & effort because the result is so, so, soooo preeeetty! *Ü* I will make it my Summer homework to keep practicing.

I used this week's MFT sketch:
I'll also be playing along in the following challenges:
Crafting from the Heart: Anything Goes
Crafty Cardmakers: #140 Stitching
Corrosive Challenge: #226 Pile it on- Layers & techniques

Thanks so much for popping in today!
Ciao... for now *Ü*


The 411
Stamps: It's a Sign-My Favorite Things
Ink: Antique Linen Distress Ink. Onyx Black-Versafine
Paper: Smarty Pants-Simple Stories. Copic maker paper. True Black cs-PTI. Whisper White cs-SU. Red cs.
Tools: Copic markers. Fishtail Flags Dienamics- MFT. Square Nestabilities -Spellbinders. Corner Chomper-We R Memory Keepers, White Signo pen, Fastenater Decorative Stapler- EK Success

6 comments:

  1. A great card Karli. I love your papers of the blackboard and apples and your adorable image is coloured beautifully. Thanks for joining our challenge at Crafty Cardmakers and more. Sally.x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Love the stitching on the apples panel and way to go with the no line colouring! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More.

    Bec

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing card! This definitely checks off all the boxes for my teacher self. Love the chalkboard, apple paper .... everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karli your card is fantastic! Your coloring is amazing and I love the cute image you chose! Thank you for playing along with the MFT Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, love it! Thanks for joining with our Real or Faux Stitching challenge at Crafty Cardmakers and More, good luck and hope to see you again soon

    Hugs, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think you need any coloring homework assignments! Your no line coloring looks fab. Perfect background papers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin