Friday, July 17, 2015

MFT Summer School: Complementary Colors

Hi there friends,
I have created a card for My Favorite Things Summer School 
 This is Lesson 7- Color Theory: Complementary Colors
Def. Complementary Colors do just what their name suggests — they compliment each other. They are found directly opposite one another on the color wheel.
Looking at the color wheel, apart from red and green (Christmas), I don't usually pair up these colors. But I thought I'd try a color duo I haven't really used before. I decided on yellow-violet. I mean if it's good enough for the Los Angeles Lakers...Hey! That's it! And off to get crafty I went *Ü*

Here's my card:
 My youngest son, Jordan, is a BIG Lakers fan (poor kid :(... and no matter how terrible their season is, Jordan still cheers them on. On to the card deets...I embossed the background with a little locker door embossing folder (cute, huh! *Ü*) then I die-cut the T-shirt from white cs and used the stamps from the MFT Jersey & Stamp set dienamics to personalize the shirt. I inked those up with purple & yellow (gold) as well as the "Good Luck" sentiment.

Here's another peek:
I'm hoping to take him to a pre-season game this year (because even though the Lakers haven't been champions lately, their season ticket prices are as if they were!) and pre-season is within my budget! I thought I would enclose his ticket in this card to surprise him *Ü*

Well that's it for my complementary color card. I see a hand up in the back...question? "Am I a Laker fan, too?" Well, I believe in cheering on the home team(s), and since I'm in Southern California, I do cheer on the Lakers, Clippers, and Golden State (LUV you, Steph Curry!!!) But... my heart bleeds the RED and BLACK...I did name my son JORDAN after all! *Ü*

Thanks so much for coming to play on my court.
Have a great weekend!

The 411
Stamps: Jersey Stamp set-My Favorite Things
Ink: Plum Pudding, Summer Sunrise- Papertrey Ink
Paper: Basic Gray cs-SU. Neenah Solar White cs.
Tools: Masculine Graphic T-shirt die-MFT. Accent It-Celebrations "Good Times" die-MFT. Wonderful Words "Lucky"-PTI. School Embossing folders- Darice

1 comment:

  1. Fun card! Your son will be thrilled with the tickets and special card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin