Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Holiday Card Blitz Returns

Hi again friends,
I am back with a few more Christmas cards. While the last set of cards were more fun & whimsy, these are a but more fancy and formal. One of these cards is going to my Grammy, but I reeeeally don't know which one!!! I don't know which one she'll like the most :(   Anyhoo...

Here's the first:
I used embossing paste and the Poinsettias stencil from Judykins for the background. It's such a neat effect! The image is from the Holiday Poinsettia Candle by Heartfelt Creations. I heat embossed it in white and colored it with the Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers. I added a strip of washi tape to anchor the image. The Noel die cut comes from the Holiday Words: Script dies from Sizzix/TH.
Here are some closer peeks:


I turned to another Heartfelt Creations stamp for this card:
This time, I used the Regal Poinsettia 2 stamp set.
I used the Zig CCRB markers again along with my clear Wink of Stella brush to paint them. This could not have been easier to do! Then I decided I wanted glitter--- LOTS of glitter! So I painted some glue around the poinsettias and covered it in some Martha Stewart Crystal Fine glitter. Luv it!
To complete it, I added some gold sequins to the centers, die cut "Merry Christmas" from gold cardstock (again, from the Holiday Words: Script dies) and mounted it on some gold Glitzy Glitter cardstock from DCWV. Like they say... All that Glitters, makes me happy *Ü*

The next card uses another Heartfelt Creations Stamp:
This comes from the Snowy Cardinal stamp set. I water-colored it with Distress Inks.
I made sure to paint outside the lines so you'd know this was colored by hand ;) wink... The watercolor paper was cut out using the Spellbinders Labels Nine die.

For the last card, I decided to try my hand again with the ZIG CCRB markers.
I heat embossed it with clear powder on some Bristol paper. WOW! It almost doesn't look like the same image. Friends, I think the hype with these markers is well-earned. They are easy to use, are quite versatile, and give good results. I think I'm going to change out the sentiment on this one. Just in case inquiring minds want to know... I purchased the Zig set of 24 markers. It comes with several shades of the same color---except for red. So I purchased 2 additional red shades & I'm really happy with what I have. So, no, I'm not getting all of the markers, Lol.

OK, 4 cards is my legal limit before I have to slap a cover on it & pay a publisher!
Thank you so much for hanging in there for so many cards.

I have to go out & finish up some shopping :(   Thanks for popping in today!
Tootles,

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful and elegant cards! Love that stenciled background on the first card! The glitter around the poinsettias adds such a stunning detail to the card. Thanks for the info on the markers. I haven't tried them. Both cards are beautifully colors. I know your Grammy would love to receive any of them. Please let us know which one you decided on.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin