Thursday, January 14, 2016

Soda-lightful

Howdy friends,
Today's card is going to our school's office assistant. Friday will be her last day with us at our school because she has been promoted. Sadly, this means she will be leaving us :(  She will be missed, let me tell ya!  She loves Coke and drinks it everyday, so that inspired her card.
Here it is:
 I used the Soda Pop Bottles and matching stamp set (MFT) for the coke bottle. I pounced a thick coat of embossing ink & added clear embossing powder to get that icy cold coke look. Then, I added a few dots of Glossy Accents for the condensation drops on the bottle.

Here's a closer peek:
For the background, I used the Bottle Caps embossing folder (Tim Holtz) and spritzed it with Silver Spray (Tattered Angels). Then, I added a few clear Dew Drops. Yes---Dew Drops *Ü* Those of us that have been around the crafty block a while have seen these before. I never got rid of them so now I'm glad they're coming back on trend because it justifies my crafty hoarding! hehehe *Ü* The "Thanks for everything" is from the Thanks stamp set (Simon Says) and the "Congrats" die-cut is from Lawn Fawn.

I used this week's MFT sketch #263 (rotated):
 I'm happy for her promotion because she definitely deserves it 100 times over, but I'm so bummed she's leaving us--- she's soda-lightful to work with...

Thanks so much for popping in today!
Hope you have a crafty weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful card and love that you personalized it for your co-worker! I have not seen that EF before- how perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card! Really looks like an ice-cold bottle of soda. Your co-worker will be soda-lighted to receive it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin