Sunday, January 17, 2016

Thank You Set for Grammy

Hi ya friends,
My Grammy asked me if I could make a couple of Thank you cards for gifts she received for Christmas, and of course, I did *Ü* But, since I had a bit of crafty time on my hands, I thought I'd make a set for her to have extras for when she needed them.

Here they are:
Since I was making multiples, I decided on making a simple design. 1) Die-cut the top panel with the Wonky Stitches die (Avery Elle). 2) Emboss each panel with a different embossing folder for interest & texture without much effort. 3) Die-cut the beautiful Thank You die (Impression Obsession) from craft foam & Metallic Platinum cardstock (DCWV). And adhere it all together. Easy-Peasy! I kept the color palette Neutral since I don't know who the recipients are. I used Nennah Solar White and Desert Storm cardstock.

Here's the next: Scales Embossing Folder (The Paper Studio)

Embossing folder: Candy Cane Stripe (Cuttlebug)

Embossing folder: Decorative Tile Set (Cuttlebug)

Embossing folder: Chevrons (Darice)

Embossing folder: Leafy Tree (Darice)

Here's a bad pic of the details & dimension:

Here's a pic of the innies: Left it blank for Grammy to write her message.

And I made an envelobox to store them.


Well, Grammy really liked them so now she would like me to make her a set of Birthday Cards too... yes, Grammy, of course... can you please pass the Chile Rellenos *Ü*

ETA: You can find the video tute I created for making an envelobox --->HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today.
Until next time...

6 comments:

  1. Your cards are spectacular! I love the embossing and how you layered the sentiment. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, these are so pretty! What a wonderful set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely Thank You card set! How did you make the envelobox? Is it an SVG or template?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I created a tutorial for making the envelobox and I've updated this post with the link.

      Delete
  4. Your thank you card set is pretty and elegant. I can see why Grammy 'ordered' a birthday set too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh my dear Karli
    all are adorable embossing folder
    and my fav one is the stripes one ooh ooh I have to buy it
    adorable and elebgant card
    your made them all in the same time
    two thumbs up Karli
    live each of them

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin