Sunday, March 6, 2016

Belated Birthdays

Hello there friends,
I am back sharing a couple of belated birthday cards. Question? When is belated too belated??? Is there a length of time you should let the card go and try again the next year? Hmmm...just wondering *Ü*

Here's the first card:
 Yes, that's January---but the END of January in my defense *Ü* I totally missed a friend's birthday in part because she retired 3 years ago so I don't see her as often. Anyhoo, on to the deets... I used the Garden Variety II stamp set and the seed packet die (Papertrey Ink.) The carnations were stamped and colored with Copics (Year of Flowers Collection stamp set-PTI). I masked the Wonky Stitches panel (Avery Elle) & stamped the Canvas Background stamp (SU) in Crumb cake ink (SU). I added a seam binding bow to complete my card.

Here's a closer peek:
 I'm not sure you can tell they got a coat of clear Wink of Stella. I scattered sequins (Pretty Pink Posh) so they'd look like scattered seeds. The little seed packet can hold a gift card or money. I will be putting a gift card in there :)

Here's the innie:
Quick and simple.

I used this week's MFT #270 sketch for my card.
Here's card #2

Lots of layers on this card---which you know is my happy place *Ü* I used the same Year of Flowers Collection stamp set (PTI). I colored the violets in Copics again. I added a flourish die cut (MFT) to tie in the green. This time instead of placing the seed packet label on the front of the packet, I stamped it to a Postage Stamp die cut (MFT).

Here's a closer peek:

And the simple innie:
 The birthday sentiments on both cards come from the Inside & Outside Birthday stamp set (PTI).

Thanks so much for peeking today!
Have a fantastic week!
Tootles,

3 comments:

  1. The cards and flowers are so pretty I don't think the recipients will mind that they are belated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards. I think anytime you get a card it is wonderful -- especially one of your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have adorable flower stamp
    and great use the sketch Karli
    we see us again at MFT sketch again
    happy easter sweet friend

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin