Saturday, April 9, 2016

From Tigress

Hello there friends,
Hope you're enjoying a lovely crafternoon *Ü*
I've got a couple of birthday cards from a certain furry someone in our family named Tigress.

Here's the first:
She is from the Cool Cat stamp set (My Favorite Things) colored with Copics. I used Distress Inks to ink blend the background. The grass comes from the Chirpy Chirp Chirp stamp set (Lawn Fawn). The sun diecut is from La-La-Land Crafts. I embossed the front panel with the Woodgrain embossing folder (Paper Studio). The strip of pattern paper is from the Subtle Plaids paper pack (MFT).

 You might have noticed that spot near her nose. No, that wasn't me dropping the marker *Ü*, Tigress has a marking like this on her fur. We call it her "Cindy Crawford mole!" so of course I had to add it *Ü*

Here's a peek of the innie:
I used the left over part of the sun I trimmed on the front and carried it over on the inside. The "translation" is also from Chirpy Chirp Chirp (LF) as is the grassy border along the bottom. The sentiment is from Cool Cat (MFT).

I used this week's MFT Sketch #275 for this card:
 The second card of Tigress uses the kitty from the I Knead You stamp set (MFT).
 I stamped the kitty & thought bubble & masked them with the Molotow masking pen then I used my Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolors to paint the background on watercolor paper. I water-colored the kitty with Distress Inks and then used my Prisma Color pencils to give it some detail. I used just the swirly part from the Scripty Sayings stamp set (Lawn Fawn) and heat embossed it in Liquid Platinum.

Here's the innie:
I carried over the string from the outside to create the sentiment. I stamped the ball of yarn & heat embossed it with Liquid Platinum embossing powder (I LUUUUV this powder!) I used Broken China DI around the edges & spritzed it with water.

Thanks so much for popping in. I'm off to deliver these cards.
Have a great weekend!
Tootles,

3 comments:

  1. It is amazing how much love these little guys give us. Your cards remind me of the ones Chan Vuong does of her cat, Humble. I hope that Tigress has a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very very cuuutee the first scene Is my fav and gret using the sketch Karli
    annndd I love that woodgrain
    winner card
    the second one is sweet too
    how are you Karli
    see you around my friend
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two darling card! Your personalized cat images are so sweet. I like how you carried the sun to the inside of the first card. I haven't heard of the EP that you used on the second card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin