Thursday, June 23, 2016

Hi There, Doggie

Hi there friends,
I'm back for badge number 4 for Camp Create at My Favorite Things:
The challenge:
I decided to create a card with the partial die-cutting technique.
Here's my card:
 I partially die cut the Woodgrain Fence dienamics (MFT) on the front of my card base so that the fence would also be part of the inside as well. I colored in this cuuuuute doggie image from the Lucky Dog stamp set (MFT) that has a front and back view that line up. I used my Prisma Color pencils to color him in. To keep this simple for myself, I decided to use a couple of the papers from the Watercolor Wash paper pack (MFT). I die cut the grassy border dienamics (MFT) from light green as well as the "Hi There" so that it would blend with the background.

Now for the fun part--- the innie:
I die cut a fence and grassy border to carry the outside of the card inside. I scattered lots of bones and balls this doggie might have thrown over the fence for some reason *Ü*... as you can see he's holding a heart in his paw.


Now for the inside panel on the right, I again used the pattern papers to set the scene (and not have to color the whole background! What a time saver!!!) I stamped the sentiment and added a sun die cut in the top corner. It got a generous coating of Clear Spectrum Noir glitter pen. I adhered only the center so the little rays could pop up a bit for dimension!

I had so much fun creating this card and I hope you liked it too *Ü*

Thanks so much for stopping by. I have my last card for camp coming on the heels of this one because time is not my amigo right now *Ü*

Tootles,


The 411
Stamps: Lucky Dog, I Knead You (MFT)  Thanks (Simon Says Stamp)
Dies: Lucky Dog Dienamics, Hello there dienamics, Grassy Border dienamics, Woodgrain Fence dienamics (MFT)  Stitched Sun and Clouds (LaLa Land Crafts)
Paper: Neenah Solar White cardstock, Watercolor Wash Paper Pack (MFT)
Prismacolor Pencils Used--- DOG: PC935 Black, PC947 Dark Umber, PC941 Light Umber, PC1082 Chocolate, PC924 Crimson Red  BALL: PC989 Chartreuse, PC912 Apple Green
Ink: Black Licorice Hybrid Ink (MFT), Creamy Brown, Chestnut Roan (Colorbox)

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love it
    if you open the card and you can see this cute dog face ooh I love it
    I never have stamp from behind and front so love to see your card
    cute and adorable scene Karli
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin